Department of Health Promotion Environment and Social Determinants
The Department is responsible for health promotion and prevention and control of diseases for improved health outcomes. The Department also coordinates health promotion and prevention and control of diseases at provincial and district levels.
The Department performs the following specific functions:
• Develop and implement strategies for positive behavioral change of individuals and communities in order to transform social structures for health, and socio-economic wellbeing;
• Develop and implement strategies for engaging policy makers on the adoption of policies and interventions for preventing and reducing morbidity and mortality;
• Collaborate with various stakeholders on the implementation of health promotion interventions for improved health outcomes;
• Collaborate with stakeholders on the assessment and management of environmental and social hazards to health;
• Facilitate and coordinate the development and implementation of policies and guidelines that promote human health in priority sectors;
• Provide public relations services; and
• Production and Dissemination of IEC materials for health promotion.
• Develop, review and implement plans and programmes on non –communicable diseases;
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of NCDs programmes;
• Coordinate the conduct of research on NCDs;
• Design and disseminate guidelines for managing NCDs;
• Facilitate the accreditation of diagnostic Centre; and
• Facilitate the Development and implementation of workplace wellness policies.