The Ministry aims to provide effective quality healthcare services close to the family as possible. This ensures equity of access to health service delivery and contributes to the human and socioeconomic development. The ministry also targets to attain Sustainable Development Goals on health and other national health priorities.
Hon. Sylvia Masebo, MP
Minister of Health
To provide equitable access to cost effective, quality healthcare services as close to the family as possible.
A Nation of Healthy and Productive People.
To improve the health status of people in Zambia in order to contribute to socio-economic development.
Primary Health Care (PHC) approach; Equity of access; Affordability; Cost-effectiveness; Accountability; Partnerships; Decentralisation and Leadership; Clean, Caring and Competent health care environment.
The Ministry is also responsible for the following institutions:
- Chest Diseases Laboratory
- Food and Drugs Board
- General Nursing Council of Zambia
- Health Professions Council of Zambia
- National Health Research Authority
- Tropical Disease Research Centre
- Occupational Health and Safety Institute
- Zambia Flying Doctor Service
- Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority
- National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council
- Malaria Elimination Centre
- Medical Stores Limited
- Mwachisompola Health Demonstration Zone Institute
- National Food and Nutrition Commission
- Regional Centre for Disease Control
- Zambia National Blood Transfusion Services
- Zambia Red Cross Society
- Zambia National Public Health Institute
- Radiation Protection Authority