Department of Clinical Care and Diagnostic Services
The Department of Clinical Care and Diagnostic Services is responsible for the provision of clinical and diagnostic services for improved health outcomes. The Department is also responsible for providing standards and guidelines for health service delivery in all health facilities country-wide.
The Department performs the following specific functions: –
• Formulate and review policies and legislation on the provision of health care services;
• Development of guidelines and standards for clinical care, rehabilitative services and the referral systems;
• Coordination of referral services for specialized treatment in private facilities locally and abroad;
• Provide technical support for the management of hospitals and other facilities;
• Undertake performance assessment and quality assurance/improvement of the health facilities;
• Provision of pharmaceutical services;
• Development of specifications for medical equipment;
• Provision of pathology and laboratory services;
• Provision of Medical Imaging Services;
• Provision of mobile and emergency health services;
• Collaborate with the School of Medicine and other tertiary institutions on the training of medical staff; and
• Coordinating the conduct of clinical care related research.